Taniwha Road, R D 1, Te Kauwhat 3781
The church is officially the ‘Waerenga and Taniwha Undenominational War Memorial Church’, and it is used for services by various denominations. The church building was begun in 1926 and the church was opened in 1928. There are 44 names on the ‘Great War’ Roll of Honour Memorial tablet, of which 14 are listed as killed. In 1951 a Second World War Roll of Honour Memorial tablet was added. It has 57 names, of which 7 are listed as killed. In 1962 a modest hall was added on the site.
Information sourced from Sherson, U. C., Kahikatea, Cabbage Trees and Koromiko: a history of the pioneering and early days in the Waerenga Valley (1981).
We are featuring the art of Don Donovan.
Prints available for sale at http://don-donovan.blogspot.co.nz/2012/12/prints-for-sale-war-memorial-church.html